Chef for a Day FAQs
Brennan's Chef for a Day Program FAQs
What is included in the price (gratuity not included)
- Chef's uniform
- Cooking lesson at each designated station (based on learning preference)
- Spirit lesson, tasting, and history with the bartender
- Wine discussion with wine guy as well as pairing selection options
- Dinner with wine pairing for six guests (including the chef for a day)
- Chef gift
What will the meal consist of?
This will be discussed with the Chef for a Day and most of the dishes (if not all) are off-menu.
Will we be offered full cocktail service?
Full cocktail service is offered but not part of the Chef for a Day cost. A bill will be presented at the end of the meal.
Where will we sit for dinner?
The party will be seated in the dining room.
Can I have more than six (6) in my dinner party?
Yes. Each additional guest would be $150 per person plus tax & gratuity. The price includes the dinner and wine pairing.
Can I have an additional Chef for a Day join me?
Yes, an additional Chef for a Day can join for $500. The additional interactive Chef for a Day would actively participate in everything the Chef for a Day is participating in and will be provided a full uniform. This does not include any additional seats at dinner.
Can I have an additional guest during the day but they don't want to cook?
On occasion, we will approve an additional observation participant for $100. The observation participant is for guests who want to join but not actively participate in the Chef for a Day. This was created more for guests who want to come to take photos and have lunch with the Chef for a Day.
- In the kitchen, the observation participant would be on the non-cooking side of the kitchen and observe. The observation participant does NOT prep or cook in the kitchen and will NOT be supplied a uniform. They will NOT be able to offer suggestions on what is being created and learned as they will simply observe.
- During lunch, the observation participant will sit and have lunch with the Chef for a Day.
- During the bar station, the observation participant will learn and taste with the Chef for a Day and have up to one cocktail.
- During the wine station, the observation participant will learn and taste samples with the Chef for a Day and have up to one glass of wine.
- Any additional alcohol consumed during the observation participants' visit will be charged based on consumption and added to the presented bill at the end of the meal.
How do I pay for dinner?
The value of the Chef for a Day will be sold in the form of a gift card in advance. You'll need to bring the gift card with you and present it to settle your payment after dinner.
Who gets the gratuity I leave?
Your gratuity will be distributed to your captain and waiter serving your table during dinner.
Can I tip the chefs?
While it's not required, we do get many who ask this question. Yes, you can tip the chefs but will need to indicate on your credit card slip WHO you'd like to leave a gratuity for in addition to the direct staff serving you that evening.